Easy Blender Roasted Pepper Coulis
This is the ultimate in easy.
This also sounds super fancy- “why yes, I did just whip up this Roasted Pepper Coulis. I am very fancy”
A coulis is simply a thick sauce made of fruits of vegetables. It is usually strained, but we are into quick and easy here! Plus, I think it looks so beautiful flecked with charred pieces of pepper. This sauce is not only super easy, it is also very adaptable. I used red pepper here, but if you want something with a little more kick you could use roasted jalapenos. Or do a mix of several different kinds of peppers. Simply toss them all on the grill (or cook over a gas stove) until charred and blend with garlic and a splash of milk, cream or yogurt.
This sauce is incredible on tacos, tasty on veggies and makes burgers absolutely divine! Go ahead and give this incredible, easy sauce a chance to shine on just about anything.
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, washed
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2-3 TBSP Milk, Cream OR yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place whole bell pepper on the grill and allow to cook until it is charred all over, about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- When pepper is blackened, place into a plastic bag and allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the pepper to soften.
- Pull out stem and as many seeds as you can- careful! The pepper will still be hot!
- Place the whole pepper, the garlic clove and 1 TBSP of milk and salt and pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth. If it is too thick, add another tablespoon of milk. Add milk a tablespoon at a time until coulis is desired consistency.