7 Ingredient Roasted Cauliflower Salad
This month’s theme for The Recipe Redux is all about economy- they challenged us to make a dish with seven ingredients or less:
“It’s Income Tax Season, so our brains could use some easy arithmetic; as in seven-ingredient-or-less recipes. Show us the healthy, no-brainer dish you fix for breakfast, lunch or dinner.”
This cauliflower dish is easy, and comes in at even ingredients. I have been obsessed with it since recreating it based on a restaurant dish I had earlier this month. It is easily my new favorite way to eat cauliflower becaus even though it is simply and the ingredient list is short, the flavors that are in this dish really pop and complement each other like whoa. It makes a great lunch time salad that’s just a bit different from your average lettuce based salad- it’s hearty, sweet, salty, crispy. It’s loaded with fruit and vegetable goodness and its no slouch in the protein department either.
Oh, and there is bacon.
Not a ton of bacon, just enough to lend its smokey flavor. Yum!
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 pieces Bacon
- ¼ cup Mixed Dried Fruit (or, just use dried cranberries)
- ¼ cup Mixed Nuts (or just use pecans)
- Green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until brown and starting to crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Remove from pan.
- Toss nuts into pan along with the bacon fat and toast, just until fragrant. Remove from heat immediately.
- Chop bacon into crumbles.
- When cauliflower is nicely browned, remove from the oven and toss with the nuts and the bacon. Place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with salt and pepper again, toss with dried fruit, garnish with green onions and serve.